WHAT WE DO.
The Black American Artists’ Alliance of Richmond is committed to the codification and promotion of Black American art. The artist-members are dedicated to establishing aesthetic principles and sociocultural themes that define Black American visual art, as well as the advancement of scholarly research concerning the same.
We are dedicated to:
1. The evolution of the Black American aesthetic.
2. Advancing the philosophy that Black American art is a legitimate genre and distinct cultural phenomenon.
3. The conviction that “Black American art” can be created by anyone who genuinely expresses the ethos of Black American people.
4. Promoting the inclusion of Black artists and art in corporate and museum collections.
Our objectives are to:
1. Function as a unified group encouraging one another.
2. Financially support Black American artists and the art they create.
3. Be a resource for information regarding the acquisition of Black art.
4. Assure fair representation in the market place
5. Preserve the integrity of Black American art in its creation and replication.